- A laptop/computer with Internet access
- A brand new laptop/computer that has never been connected to the Internet
- A brand new pen drive or external hard drive
Get Network Information
- On your computer/laptop with Internet connection, go to the link.
- Go to the “API Endpoint” drop down box and select your trusted API endpoint source. Our API endpoint “vote.eos.holdings:8888” has been prefilled for you.
- You will see chain_id, block_num and ref_block_prefix appeared on the page.
- Copy or write down chain_id, block_num and ref_block_prefix.
Generate Voting Transaction While Being OFFLINE
- Plug in your brand new pen drive or external hard drive.
- Download our toolkit to generate a transaction offline.
- Transfer the toolkit to the brand new computer through a brand new pen drive/external hard drive.
- Make sure your brand new computer has no Internet connection. Disconnect any Ethernet cable from your computer and disable wifi connection.
- Unzip the toolkit on your offline computer and go to the “generate_transaction” folder.
- Open generate_transaction.html file with any browser.
- On the web page, fill in all information.
- Account Name: if you do not know your account name, please go to this link and type in your EOS Public key to find your account name.
- Private Key: Your private key is at no point exposed to on-line connections, which greatly reduces the risk of getting hacked.
- ChainId, block_num, ref_block_prefix: Fill in chainId, block_num and ref_block_prefix with the information that you got from above.
- Block Producers: Fill in eosholdings1. It should be already pre-filled for you. Enter comma separated list of block producer account names if you want to vote for multiple block producers (no more than 30). Example: eosholdings1,eosdanhuausa
Note: Once you have voted, you have 24 hours to change. After that, your vote will be locked for 3 days.
- Click “Generate Transaction” button.
- You will see your generated voting transaction:
- Copy the transaction text to a text file.
- Transfer the text file to the online computer with a pen drive/external hard drive.
Send the Generated Transaction
- Go to this link.
- Copy the transaction text from your pen drive to the “Raw transaction” text area on the web page.
- Click on “Send transaction to the network” button.
- You will see the following message appeared on the website.
Our offline voting tool is developed to provide a more secure way than online voting methods. However, EOS Holdings takes no responsibility for the execution and the results of the execution of our offline voting tool. The users are using this tool at their own risks.